Frequently Asked Questions ??
For Bush Ball Participants
1. Can I Bring my own paint to play BushBall? Answer # 1: - No. Reason: Our Insurance will not allow off field paint due to unscrupulous players (Never happenned here) Freezing paintballs, the high number of players and the speed we play at.
Answer #2: Yes. Reason for Exception: For Speedball practices Only on Turf field ONLY.
2. What is your Field Speed for Bush Ball? Answer: - 300 fps (Feet per second) or 206 mph.
3. What happens if I bring and use my own paint in the bush anyway? Answer: - When caught, your paint will be confiscated and not returned. If caught a 2nd time, you will be asked to leave the park. Reason: If you hurt someone with your off field paint it becomes an insurance issue, we will call police and you will be charged with assault or worse.
4. How many paintballs will I need? Answer: - Depends on 2 criteria 1. How trigger happy you are. & 2. How long you intend to play for. If you save your paintballs for the games and don't waste them in the shooting range or blow all the leaves off the trees, the average non trigger happy player will go through approximately 500pbs in 3-4 hours.
5. Is paintball dangerous? Answer: - No. When played correctly, safely and with proper supervision. Paintball is rated near the bottom of the injury scale with Yoga & pillates. Boxing, Basketball & Hockey are rated at or near the top as the most dangerous sports with the highest potential for injury.
6. How is Barrie Paintballs Injury record? Answer: We have been in business for 16+ years now and have never had an accident, injury or a fist fight. Not one hockey rink in Canada can say that. Reason: - We guard our safety record by taking as many safety precautions as possible eg. trained referees, safety netting, safety/field briefings & regular field maintenance.
7. What is the minimum age to play at Barrie PaintBall? Answer: 10 years & older. Size is not the determining factor - maturity is. Reason: The child must be able to understand and obey safety rules for their own and other players/attendee's safety
8. Will little Johnny or Susie be playing with the big adults? Answer # 1: No if it is a private game (min of 20 players for private game). Answer # 2: - But usually Yes. Reason: Usually little Johnny or Susie is in better shape than most adults, can run for faster and for longer periods of time. They are usually smaller and can hide behind smaller objects making them less of a target. As soon as little Johnny or Susie get the hang of aiming and shooting, it is quite often the adults that run from the kids.
9. When is Barrie PaintBall Open? Answer: We are Outdoors & Open ALL Year around 9am - 11pm by reservation ONLY. Yes even in the Winter. Yes Even at Night - We have 18,000 watts of Night Lighting on 3 of our prime Fields for those Cool Shadow Games.
10. How many players does it take for a reservation? Answer: Minimum of 6 players required for a reservation if no one else is playing here. Reason: Our Bush fields are quite large (some up to 20 acres). Any less than 6 and you would spend most of your time looking for your opponnents.
11. Can I have a reservation with less than 6 players? Answer: Yes, You would be doing what is called a walkon. Call ahead for walkon availability and times. Weekends are Always Best for Walkons - When the kids are still in school. Reason: BushBall Paintball is definitely a game where the more people the more fun.
12. Do I really need to call ahead for Walkons? Answer: Yes you should call ahead first. Reason: eg. There is no point showing up at 9am if the 1st walkon group is not starting until 11am. You would be waiting 2 hours for players to show up.
13. Why is the paint at some parks Cheaper than other parks? Answer: Larger, High Quality Bush field parks have more staff, Higher Insurance, Taxes & Overhead. The amount of cost that goes into adding, upkeep, building and rebuilding the various props used for public enjoyment and safety adds up tremendously. In Simpler Terms: If you are looking for a cheap meal, don't care much about atomosphere or quality. McDonalds works fine. If you are looking for more choices and higher quality food with lots of ambiance. The Keg may be your choice. No Disrespect intended for either.
14. How do I choose the best Park for me or my group event? Answer: Tour the Paintball Parks on your list before you decide. Consider the Size, Variety and Number of playing fields? Consider the quality of the land, props & layout? Consider the creature comforts-Indoor bathrooms, safe zones, BBQ's, picnic areas, parking, onsite pro shop, shade from the sun and on site food available? Reason: It's all about Action, Fun & Excitement. If the fields, Picnic areas etc. have a wait time or aren't available, there is no action. Without the action, quality props, wild terrain and roll playing Excitement with atomosphere, there is no Fun. Without the Fun there is no quality time or memories. Without the Quality time & memories, you may as well stay home and do nothing. It's all about the Action, Fun, Excitement and oh yes the memories. Tip: Tour the Park before you book!!!
For SpeedBall Participants
1. Can I bring my own paint to play Speedball? Answer: - Yes - For Practices ONLY. Reason: Speedball plays at a slower fps rate, the number of players on the field at a time is considerably less making criminal detection easier.
2. What is the Field Speed for SpeedBall? Answer: - 250 fps.
3, What is the Price for Speedball Paint at the field? Answer:- Case is $55.
4. Why is Speedball Paint so much cheaper that Bush Ball paint? Answer:-A few reasons for this are 1. Speed ball paint is a cheaper grade of paint (Meant for slower speeds and shorter distance). 2. Playing in close proximity to your opponents as in the game of speedball - You will go through a pile of paint. (eg. An average backman in speedball will go through 500-800 paintballs in a 3 min game). 3. By comparison a bush ball player may go through 1,000 paintballs in 8 hours of play and the speedballer may go through 5 cases(2.000 pbs per) in that same playing time.
OutDoor vs. Indoor
1. Is Barrie PaintBall Open in the Winter? Answer:- Yes, we are open all year around. All 17 fields are available for anyone that doesn't mind the snow. Reason:- Our Equipment is High Quality and works well in Winter.
2. Does the paint Freeze or hurt more in Winter? Answer:- No. We have a special paint we bring in for winter play. It will last up to 8 hours in sub zero temperatures without freezing. On the contrary paintballs hurt a lot less in winter due to the Extra amount and layering of clothing. You must dress for the outdoors and time of season. Many thin layers are better than 1 thick layer. This way if you are too hot or cold you can adjust the number of layers. If snow is on the ground - NO Shoes. Bring Boots and thin gloves. Hoodies are advised as well.
3. Why is Outdoor Paintball better? Answer:- Variety, Size & No Waiting. Reason:- 1. Most Indoors are 1 small field. After you play the indoor field a couple of times, everyone learns where the best spots are and they run for the same spots everytime. The game is very quick, becomes repetetive & boring quickly. This is NEVER a problem at an outdoor field. 2. Because of the indoors limited size, most paintball shots are at close range. While rare, this can occasionally happen at an outdoor field as well. 3. Because of the limited number of indoor fields (Usually 1), you can wait a long time for your turn on the field. This is NEVER a problem at an outdoor field.
I Don't want to play in the cold, I definitely want to play Indoor
1. What should I look for in an Indoor Field? Answer:- Size, Size & Size. The Bigger the Better. Reason:- 1. You have less chance of injury getting shot at close range. 2. Less chance of waiting for your turn on the field.
2. For my event, What is the Minimum Size of Indoor Field I should consider? Answer:- Avoid indoor fields of less than 125' x 125' for safety reasons. Ask & verify the size (visually if possible) prior to your booking.